After you have scheduled your survey, there are a few things that you should make sure you do in order so that the entire survey will be performed and completed as promptly as possible:
- Make sure to coordinate the survey with the yacht broker / owner.
- Schedule the haul / launch the vessel if it is a pre-purchase survey.
- Have the keys or combination for all locks and the ignition key.
- Make sure that all of the equipment, electronics, sails, etc. are on board for inspection.
- All compartments should be free of miscellaneous materials that are not part of the vessel's equipment.
- Any associated documentation and paperwork should be available for inspection.
If you are planning to attend the survey, don’t forget to bring a pen and pad. We will often recommend repair methods, routine maintenance, and other information that is not part of the survey but may be helpful in the upkeep of your vessel.